BECKLEY PARK, CORIO
GEELONG GREYHOUND RACING CLUB
Trainee Track Curator/Groundsman
We require a self-motivated, flexible person with good communication skills to fill the role of Trainee Track Curator/Groundsman. The successful applicant will be responsible for learning the skills required for track preparation and general maintenance at the Geelong Greyhound Racing Club.
The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete the Certificate III in Racing Services (track maintenance) within 36 months and employed under the Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award 2010.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a valid Victorian Drivers Licence
- Must have or be prepared to obtain forklift and associated equipment licenses
- Hold or be prepared to attain your first aid certificate (level 2)
- Be prepared to work flexible hours on a roster including weekends, morning and evenings.
- Attend all training requirements.
- You will need to be physically fit and capable of normal manual handling activities. Students or mature age applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy equivalent to year 10 standards.
- Further study options may include supervisory training and management training toward Club Management roles.
- Candidates with experience driving trucks, tractors, and other machinery and/or who possess mechanical experience would be considered favourably. Industry experience or knowledge would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Training to be provided to the successful candidate.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com
Inquires for this position should be directed to:
Geelong Greyhound Racing Club
Phone: 03 5275 2298